The purpose of the role is to drive training programs to upskill regional workforce and improve EHS performance across APAC.
In this role, the incumbent should be passionate about helping people learn and grow. Excellent communication skills are essential. This position will manage multiple external learning partners, consultants and vendor partners. This position will work with multiple peers and stakeholders to achieve results and drive EHS leadership talent strategies. Work with the regional teams to ensure development and deployment of learning is consistent.
This role understands adult learning strategies and looks across the EHS function to determine learning that needs to be developed and deployed. Builds strategy to ensure our EHS professionals have the competencies and capabilities needed to perform their jobs. Leads team to work with our internal and external L&D partners to create and deploy the learning strategy.
This position reports to the EHS Regional EHS Systems & Performance Lead and will work with EHS leadership, Corporate, Operations and Business leadership, multiple peers, stakeholders and contractors to achieve company’s goal of ZERO harm.
Define and Implement Learning & Development Strategy -50%
- Provide regional oversight and governance to ensure alignment with global learning strategy
- Responsible for leading the development of learning solutions and the management of 3rd Party contractors that may be assigned to projects
- Drive execution of robust global EHS learning strategy, incorporating EHS competency model and other requirements
- Measure and monitor progress towards closing organizational competency gaps
- Supports business and portfolio planning processes to understand demand and plan for upcoming training needs
- Identify additional learning requirements based on region-specific conditions
- Conduct gap assessment to identify training needs. Develop and implement skills gap needs assessment to understand technical requirements needed to achieve EHS objectives.
- Determine suitable training content and delivery mode (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training) for all applicable levels and functions via an assessment of logistics and corporate capabilities and resources.
- Design and develop training curriculum. Design and develop training curriculum for all applicable levels and functions relevant to the EHS management system.
- Develop training plan. Establish training program objectives, methods and content to achieve EHS objectives.
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts related to EHS L&D
- Hire and oversee training and L&D Specialists
Program Deployment and Measure -50%
- Work with EHS Systems and Performance to drive the adoption of innovative learning and assessment practices and technologies
- Assure quality assurance for the end-to-end learning and development processes
- Work with EHS Learning and Development Specialists and EHS Cluster Leads to deliver training programs across APAC
- Drive development and improvement of frameworks, systems and processes to identify training needs, develop training plan, align training content, monitor training completion and assess its effectiveness
- Provide advice and guidance on localization of training needs
- Assure consistency across the regions in learning approach
- Execute training plan. Deliver training program on a defined frequency to all applicable levels and functions of the organization.
- Deploy impact and evaluation measures to monitor progress towards closing organizational competency gaps
- Provide quality assurance for the end to end learning and development processes. Review effectiveness of the training plan and adjust accordingly.
- Retain training records. Document applicable training records in accordance with regulatory and operational requirements.
- Serve as custodian of the regional EHS Learning Management System
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferably in science, engineering or EHS.
- Adult education certification in facilitation and curriculum development.
- 8+ years experience of operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
- Experience of developing EHS training program for complex EHS organization
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen, with ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Stategic thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Team Leadership/Coaching/mentoring
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org