The purpose of the role is to oversee strategic projects and coordinate with business and external EHS resources to drive EHS excellence across APAC. All MADJV and Build transactions must be evaluated to identify and communicate EHS risks and regulatory compliance matters to the project team, and these EHS issues must be prioritized addressed and implemented the proactive mitigation/control actions at an early stage of the projects.
The ideal candidate has a responsibility to understand and manage EHS risks that come with a merging, acquisition, divestiture, joint venture, build, transfer, move, or expansion. He/She has an important role to play in EHS integrating the new facility, property, and equipment/utilities into company’s EHS programs and culture.
This position reports to the EHS Strategic Support and Growth Enablement Lead APAC. He/She will work closely with EHS Cluster Leaders, EHS Regional Domain Leads, Corporate EHS, Operations and Business leadership, multiple peers, stakeholders, Global Risk Consultant / FM Global, and contractors to achieve all EHS deliverables and also company’s goal of ZERO harm.
50% – Built Projects and MADJV
- Lead the identification of EHS requirements in MADJV projects and Build projects within APAC to ensure compliance to company’s EHS standards and country regulations
- Drive compliance with EHS requirements and integration for MADJV and Build projects across the region
- Create a register of built and MADJV projects and their EHS conformance in the PDP process
- Develop a process and execute EHS support of projects systematically to reduce waste.
- Develop and execute EHS Due Diligence with appropriate expertise.
- Develop and execute EHS Integration Plans in sync with project complexity.
- Validate EHS expertise for built projects and MADJV.
- Ensure EHS requirements in the PDP process are observed and proper signoffs are in place prior to gate reviews.
- Develop key outsourced contracts to support EHS expertise for the region.
- Manage EHS contracts in selection, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Proactively developing an EHS plan and roadmap to ensure a smoother transition of EHS programs and cultures integration.
50% – Execution Capability
- Work closely with Business Leaders and EHS Cluster Leads to ensure EHS coverage for APAC MADJV and Build projects
- Identify and engage relevant EHS professionals in sub-regions for support
- Engage Regional Domain Leads for domain-specific expertise support as needed
- Manage external EHS contractors for additional EHS support in APAC
- Ensure contractor safety and compliance requirement are integrated in contracts and all phases of the bid process
- Work closely with EHS PPM Lead and team to track multiple projects in APAC
- Ensure, Drive & Support proactively that design of new facility, property, and equipment/utilities meets all relevant Corporate EHS requirement and Global loss prevention guidance
- Ensure EHS best practice identification and reapplication on execution via benchmarking with experienced engineering contractors / construction companies
- Involve and participate as the member of PSSR (Pre-start up safety review) team for the high and priority risks rated projects to ensuring the safe commissioning.
- In depth understanding of US EPA & US OSHA Construction Safety Requirements
- Experienced in implementing PDP and EHS International Best Practices
- Expertise on International Standards Codes: ASTM; PSME; EE; NIOSH ; ASHREA
- Experienced in Due Diligence for Green & Brown Fields.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in science, engineering or EHS required.
- 8+ years’ experience in operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
- 3+ year experience in EHS support of PDP process, Built and MADJV projects.
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization and multicultural environment
- Demonstrated regional acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
- Ability and willingness to challenge key stakeholders and to gain their buy-in to support change
- Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Capacity to work within a virtual, global team environment
- Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
- Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
- Operations experience in region for this role with demonstrated EHS leadership
- EHS management system experience
- Strong influencing and change management capability
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com