Lead the local technical team to deliver the innovation, business continuity, and margin enhancement portfolios of the market
- Provide vision & mission and leaderships to develop manufacturing processes that result in continuous improvement and lowering the unit cost
- Implement processes that foster high quality, cost efficiency, and compliance with all approved regulatory requirements
- Serve as process technical expert for all nutritional products manufactured by Australia’s spray dry and dry-blend plants
- Liaison with Global & Regional R&D, Regional Sourcing and Regional manufacturing teams to assure new products launch readiness including cost improvement project implemented as plan.
- Primary linkage with Regional and Global Technology and R&D for product and process changes.
- Oversee development of qualification/validation protocols for material, new equipment & machine, product, process changes, and cost improvement projects.
- Coordinate trial, qualification and validation runs.
- Support launches by interacting with product development and demand generation to assure equipment and processes are developed and implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain a high level of awareness of relevant new technology and new process applications. Link with regional and global counterparts.
- Provide technical support to make (external and in-house) and QA to solve supply, manufacturing and quality problems. When necessary, involve regional and global resources to solve complex issues.
- Understand microbiological and food chemistry impact to a process in an effort to solve a problem.
- Applies advances GMP and regulatory requirements to manufacturing processes.
- Process development and product engineering support for all new and existing products
- Builds strong relationships and utilizes resources within the support departments to continuously enhance manufacturing performance.
- Creates / revises related WIs, & SOPs.
- Maintain OPTIVA system in the areas of Manufacturing Instruction, Process aid, Equipment specification, Process Condition, MMBR, Common Attachment and Addenda.
- Control and monitor the actual expenses of NPD cost centers
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in a scientific or technical discipline (Food Science, Process Engineering, Production Engineering, or related) advanced degree in business a plus.
- Proven experience in food manufacturing environment (minimum 5 years) for a multi-national and culturally diverse organization marketing highly regulated products (infant/children nutritional products or pharmaceuticals).
- Experience as key project team member in the design/construction of pharmaceutical/food manufacturing facility, including establishing quality systems and supporting successful qualification/start-up activities.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risks and shape decisions to ensure product safety, quality and compliance, and in consideration of potential business impact.
- Experience collaborating with various functional roles within Supply Chain, R&D and Marketing/Sales to develop strategies and execute action plans to resolve critical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse/interpret complex problems with data gathered from a variety of sources utilizing analytical tools that focus on problem prevention.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with external partners including suppliers, and third party manufacturers agencies.
- Knowledge of infant/follow-up formula/food GMPs and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth understanding of nutritional product manufacturing processes including thermal processing, spray drying, and dry blending are preferred.
- Strong project leadership, effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to assess risks and shape decision making.
- Knowledge and understanding of departmental objectives and strategies.
- Demonstrated effective planning capabilities relating to resources utilization.
- Understanding of environmental issues, safety issues and quality of regulations.
- Working knowledge of food product formulation, characteristics, and chemistries.
- Well understand GMP, GWP, food safety program, plant hygiene, and pest control.
- Good knowledge of SAP – Manufacturing Data Management.
- Have a basic knowledge of maintenance of production machinery & related equipment.
- Good verbal / written communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org